Monday, August 29, 2011

What? This is Free?! Incredible Blessing!



This summer we moved the boys down the basement. Brendan moved out, which freed up two rooms, so now they could each have their own bedroom, and Michael and I would share an office.



Unfortunately this move hasn't been too easy on Nathaniel who doesn't want to sleep alone. He says that he's scared to be alone, and every night he asks if he can sleep in Graham's room. So I've been trying to wean him into it by visiting his bedroom every ten minutes to let him know I'm around. I'm also keeping a little lamp on in the room so he isn't in the dark, but he's still so scared. Poor little guy.



Last night I had a good idea, which both Nathaniel and I are excited about! I'm setting him up with the "Adventures in Odyssey" by Focus on the Family. I remember that Brendan loved the series back in the day, so much so that we bought all the cassette tapes and videos for him. Unfortunately it was so long ago, that I have none of it around anymore.



But I'm having a good day. First off, I was blessed to find an iPod dock that Brendan left behind when he moved, and secondly, Graham gave us his old iPod. That was good stuff, but the biggest blessing came when I went over to iTunes to search for the series and found out that 133 of the shows are available for free! Yes--133. At first I found 15 of them, but digging a little deeper, I discovered a page with 133 of them!



Nathaniel just walked in the room while I was typing that last paragraph, and said, "Thanks for downloading those stories, Mom. I can't wait to hear them, but I want to save them for night time."



So excited that I'm able to offer him something exciting at bedtime. Love it!!



Have you dealt with a problem like this? What worked for you? Join the discussion on facebook: Time-Warp Wife on facebook



You are loved by an almighty God,



Darlene



For comments or questions, contact me at:

darlene[at]darleneschacht.net



Find Time-Warp Wife on facebook: Click here



If you would like to have Time-Warp Wife delivered to your inbox daily, simply click here: Subscribe to Time-Warp Wife




Today and every Tuesday, I want to invite bloggers to link-up any blog posts that will encourage women to joyfully live out their roles as wives and keepers of their homes I'm looking for posts on marriage, parenting, housekeeping, or recipes.



1. Enter the direct link from your post into the linky tool below!


2. Please link back here with the {TITUS 2}SDAYS code (below) so that other bloggers can join in too!


3. Enjoy each other's fellowship, and have fun!







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive