Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fruit, Meet for The Master


Drawn from my archives for the Women Living Well Challenge

When my sister Bonnie planted her last garden, she told her flowers in no uncertain terms, that they were created to please the Lord. And while they bloomed, she cheered them on. Ok, I'm not going to lie--my family is a little odd, but you should have seen her beautiful garden!



But He answered and said to them,
“I tell you that if these should keep silent,
the stones would immediately cry out.”
~ Luke 19:40


Yesterday I took a look at my garden, and I have to say that I was impressed. We've been experiencing a drought this summer to the point where my grass is crusty and dry, but somehow the flowers in my front garden have not only survived, they have thrived despite the weather conditions. Those blooms definitely have tenacity. Plants were created for the purpose of pleasing the Lord, and in producing good fruit they live out that purpose. How awesome is that?!

I got to wondering about my own tenacity. How well do I thrive when conditions are rough, and do I bear fruit despite the dry soil around me?

Galatians chapter five dictates what fruit I should bear:
  • Love
  • Joy
  • Peace
  • Longsuffering
  • Kindness
  • Goodness
  • Faithfulness
  • Gentleness
  • Self-control
If creation itself can bear fruit that is meet for the Master, can't we? It's a crying shame when a crab apple tree produces more fruit in a year than it's owner, but it doesn't have to be that way. When we are walking according to the ordinances of God, and our delight is to do His will, we WILL produce fruit in abundance. There's no greater purpose than that!


He [the righteous] shall be like a tree
planted by the rivers of water, that
brings forth its fruit in its season,
whose leaf also shall not wither;
and whatever he does shall prosper.
~ Psalm 1:3

You are loved by an almighty God,

Darlene

For comments or questions, contact me at:
darlene[at]darleneschacht.net

Find Time-Warp Wife on facebook: Click here

If you would like to have Time-Warp Wife delivered to your inbox daily, simply click here: Subscribe to Time-Warp Wife

In participation with:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive