Saturday, August 13, 2011

Infidelity In Christian Marriages - How You Can Recover From Your Spouse's Affair

Have you discovered infidelity in your Christian marriage? Are you completely devastated and unable to function normally right now? Know that you're not alone in your devastation and pain, there are so many others out there dealing with an infidelity in their Christian marriages and they all feel the way you do, alone and hopeless.

When I first found out about my husband's affair, I too could not function throughout the day. I was numb and could not focus on anything but the affair. In fact, for the first six month the affair was all consuming to me and I could think of nothing else. I was in so much pain that I didn't know where to turn or what to do.

When you are faced with an infidelity in your Christian marriage, you should never make any life altering decisions for at least a year. You are in no shape to make such decisions so if you want a divorce, and then wait a year before filing. You can be separated, but once you have truly tried to save your marriage and you know you did everything you possible could then after a year you can make a more sound decision.

When you are faced with an infidelity in your Christian marriage, you need to find others that are in the same situation that you are. You need their support and they need yours. You can find others on the Internet via forums, message boards and email groups and you can also see if you have a support group in your local area. These avenues really helped me and gave me that much needed support.

The best thing you can do when faced with an infidelity in your Christian marriage is to use daily devotions. I had a hard time finding daily devotions just for the betrayed spouse, but they are much needed. You cannot lean on your own understanding when it comes to affairs. You need God's strength, comfort, and peace and love to help you on this long and rocky road towards healing.


Infidelity All Rights Reserved

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive