Friday, August 12, 2011

Please Spread the Word - We All Need to Help

A doctor examines Mihag Gedi Farah, a seven-month-old child who weighs just 3.4kg
Photo from: The Telegraph




For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat:

I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink:

I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

~ Matthew 25:35-36





Ingrid from "Reaching His Kids" sent me a letter this week urging me to get involved, and after watching the videos, I am also urging you. These images are so troubling that I was hesitant to post them here, but this is a reality that we can't--and shouldn't--turn away from. It's real and it's frightening.



Somalia is experiencing the worst drought they have had in 60 years. As a result, over 29,000 children under the age of five years old have died from malnutrition in the last five months. Who will die tonight? Whose baby will die tomorrow? Yes, we know that starvation is certain. This isn't a problem that we can resolve in a day or a week. And it's certainly not a problem that you or I could end alone. But we can each make a difference today--right now in some small way.




Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick,

and ye visited me: I was in prison,

and ye came unto me.

~ Matthew 25:36



A drop of rain is merely that--one single drop, but together they form an ocean. Each drop is small and seemingly insignificant, yet without them the oceans would cease to exist.



World Vision is responding to the need, but they desperately need our help. Each and every one of us. Please visit their site to donate: World Vision







And the King shall answer and say unto

them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch

as ye have done it unto one of the

least of these my brethren,

ye have done it unto me.

~ Matthew 25:40





You are loved by an almighty God,



Darlene



For comments or questions, contact me at:

darlene[at]darleneschacht.net



Find Time-Warp Wife on facebook: Click here



If you would like to have Time-Warp Wife delivered to your inbox daily, simply click here: Subscribe to Time-Warp Wife

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive