Monday, May 28, 2012

God Equips Those He Calls


"God Doesn't Call the Equipped
He Equips Those He Calls."
~ Author Unknown

If you saw Women Living Well's post the other day you might have read that a few bloggers, including myself were approached by a production company who is interested in the possibility of doing a TV show or a documentary. At this point we're only in the "talking/thinking" stages. Whether anything will actually come of it is for God to decide. Where He leads I'll follow.

When the letter came in asking whether I'd consider the possibility, I brushed it off the same way I brushed off an interview from a New York magazine the week before until they approached me again. My first reaction was that it couldn't possibly be serious, and the second was that I'm inadequate to take on a task of this magnitude. About a week and a half ago the phone rang--it was them. They were indeed serious. After an hour long conversation they wanted to proceed to a Skype interview.

At this point I was impressed to leave the door open, but at the same time I had resolved that I didn't have it in me to do this, after all, I'm an average, middle-aged mom from the prairie. What could they possibly want with me? I'm not skinny enough, I'm not young enough, I'm not pretty enough, I'm not confident enough, I'm not experienced enough, I'm not eloquent enough... and the list goes on...

Friday afternoon I felt compelled to open my daily devotion. The feeling was stronger than it is most days--much stronger--I couldn't help but wonder if God was trying to tell me something. After reading it through I knew that He was.
God Calling May 25th

There will be no limit to what you can accomplish. Realize that. Never relinquish any task or give up the thought of any task because it seems beyond your power, only if you see it is not My Will for you. This I command you.

Think of the tiny snowdrop-shoot in the hard ground. No certainty even that when it has forced its weary way up, sunlight and warmth will greet it.

What a task beyond its power that must seem. But the inner urge of Life within the seed compelling it, it carries out that task. The Kingdom of Heaven is like unto this.
The bottom line in all of this is that I've learned an important life lesson: my strength doesn't lie in human wisdom, but in God's power alone. This life isn't about me it's about Him. It doesn't matter whether I'm skinny enough, young enough, pretty enough, confident enough, experienced enough, or eloquent enough, all that matters is that I'm ready and willing to be used as He desires to lead. Whether that means He calls me to further consider this or He leads me in a brand new direction tomorrow I must learn that's it's no longer I that liveth, but Christ that liveth in me.

You know what girl? That same message is here for you too. Don't ever let this world get you down. If you have put your faith in Jesus Christ, you are a vessel of an almighty God who is able to bring you to and through any situation that you come across. Whether a task is big or small, be ready and willing to answer His call.

Since Paul says it so much better than I ever could, I'd love to close with his words:
And so it was with me, brothers and sisters. When I came to you, I did not come with eloquence or human wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.

I came to you in weakness with great fear and trembling. My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power. ~ 1 Corinthians 2:1-5, NIV


Today and every Tuesday, I want to invite bloggers to link-up any blog posts that will encourage women to joyfully live out their roles as wives and keepers of their homes I'm looking for posts on marriage, parenting, housekeeping, recipes, etc.

All you have to do is enter the direct link from your post into the linky tool below!

I'd also like to ask you to link back here with the Titus 2sday code (below) so that other bloggers can join in too!

You are loved by an almighty God,

Darlene

If you'd like to leave a comment, join in the conversation on facebook: Click here

Author of The Good Wife's Guide, available as an eBook or paperback.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive