Monday, May 7, 2012

Banana-Strawberry Ice Pops - And a Titus 2sday Linkup!

A recipe from my archives

While Maddy and I were out shopping we came across a box of frozen pop molds. Since it's been far too long since I've made them, I decided to buy a package and try them.

Looking at the variety of kits they had, I couldn't help but remember the days when my sister and I used to make them with nothing but a plastic cup and a metal spoon. We'd freeze Kool-Aid or orange juice--whatever we had, but as little kids we didn't venture to try anything else.

Today I ventured.

Using our fruit smoothie recipe, the kids and I made a batch of healthy "Banana-Strawberry Ice Pops." They are so easy to make, and so delicious I'll share the recipe with you:

Ingredients:

Banana
Strawberries
Pinapple
Red Grapes
Ice
about 1/2 cup of juice, skim milk, or yogurt

Unfortunately I don't measure, I just toss in whatever I like. Sometimes I'll even add seedless watermelon--yum!


Combine the fruit in the blender


Add ice. I get to put my ice on top, isn't that cool?



Blend until smooth and then pour into pop molds.
Note: Don't fill them to the top as the frozen mixture will expand.


Place pops into the freezer until solid,
and reward your workers with a cold drink!


Today and every Tuesday, I want to invite bloggers to link-up any blog posts that will encourage women to joyfully live out their roles as wives and keepers of their homes I'm looking for posts on marriage, parenting, housekeeping, recipes, etc.

All you have to do is enter the direct link from your post into the linky tool below!

I'd also like to ask you to link back here with the Titus 2sday code (below) so that other bloggers can join in too!

You are loved by an almighty God,

Darlene

For comments or questions, contact me at:
darlene[at]darleneschacht.net

Find Time-Warp Wife on facebook: Click here

Author of The Good Wife's Guide, now available in paperback.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive