Thursday, July 21, 2011

Jehovah-Jireh ~ My Provider



A living compass more precious than gold
is the father who provides for, protects,
and shepherds the heart of his child.
~ Time-Warp Wife


“Which drain is it?” Dad asked, standing at the front door with a flashlight in one hand and a Robertson screwdriver grasped in the other.

Dad has graced my doorstep more times than I can count standing in his denim coveralls with a box of tools at his side. I still remember the old red toolbox he carried way back when I was too small to lift it, too stubborn to give up.

Someone had written, ‘Andy The Handyman’ in large letters across the top, with a black felt marker. I sat beside the box, tracing each letter with my finger, and watching Dad replace the missing pickets in our fence. The sound of his whistling drifted through the summer air like seeds of joy that blow in breeze. A few of those seeds nestled into my soul, where they have since bloomed over time in the garden of love for my dad.

When we needed our roof repaired, Dad climbed the ladder to fix the shingles; when we were moving, he was there to pack the truck; and when we were building a family room, he was there putting up sheets of drywall with Michael.

I’ve grown so accustomed to picking up the phone to ask for his help, and I've grown accustomed to him answering my call.

So it is with God--yet far more so than one can see--my healer, my provider, my protector, my shepherd. My Father, ever present in my time of need.


God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
~ Psalm 46:1



You are loved by an almighty God,

Darlene

For comments or questions, contact me at:
darlene[at]darleneschacht.net

Find Time-Warp Wife on facebook: Click here

If you would like to have Time-Warp Wife delivered to your inbox daily, simply click here: Subscribe to Time-Warp Wife

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive