Saturday, July 30, 2011

Infidelity In Marriages - How To Deal With The Painful Images


The statistics reveal that the amount of marriages that suffer from infidelity is staggering. What is even more shocking to me is the number of people who are having or have had affairs that are in marriages that are long term. It seems that the length of the marriage and the apparent stability of the marriage is not necessarily something that makes a marriage immune from the possibility of an affair.

In my case, we had been married for 35 years when I found out that my wife had been involved in an affair for nearly 12 years. Everything seemed ok on the surface but under the surface there was some major problems that developed over time.

If you have discovered that your spouse has been unfaithful to you, one of the biggest hurdles to overcome is the onslaught of mental images. The pain that comes from these images can be unbearable. If you are ever going to be able to restore the relationship you most definitely will need to overcome these thoughts.

For me, the first morning after discovering the affair was the worst. The first thing I thought of when I awoke that morning was what she did. I immediately began to get graphic images in my mind of her with him. The thought of her being with him sexually was more than I could bear. As time went on, the images came with a little less frequency as our marriage began to heal. But still there were times when I felt bombarded with them and wondered if I could ever be free of the hold they had on me.


Infidelity All Rights Reserved

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive