Monday, February 18, 2008

Are You Afraid Of Being Alone?

Well, to be quite honest, I was very afraid of being alone. Being on my own sounded so wonderful when I was a teen, but once I got married and left home, I became accustomed to being with someone.....having someone there when I needed them. I really wanted to actually pick up the rug, and sweep all of his cheating underneath it so I wouldn't have to deal with it, however, that did NOT happen. I was afraid of having to sleep alone at night, having to lock the doors alone, eating dinner without him near, and hearing the silence in the night. Yes, I had my children, but I wanted to be with an adult. He was someone that I had become accustomed to being with and it was one of the hardest things I had to deal with, the separation and divorce and being alone, on my own. I had never done that, because I got married very young and had never experienced being an adult on my own. What can you do to overcome the fear of being alone? Perhaps if I had built a wall of my family and good friends around me, I would have felt more secure. I could have even moved in with family to help me through the hard times, but I didn't. What are some things that you can do to help yourself through the fear of being alone again?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive