Sunday, February 26, 2012

If Life Gets Too Hard to Stand, Kneel




(Quote by Gordon B. Hinckley, Image Source Unknown)

It was God's way of whispering, "I want to spend this moment with you."

I knew exactly what that whisper meant as my mind traveled back a few weeks to an evening of loneliness when all I could do was drive, and pray, and wipe the tears from my cheeks.

Not a wound waiting to be healed. Not a space needing to be filled. A gift. A gift of alone time spent with my Lord. The gift itself wasn't the answer to prayer that came in the morning, confirming that He heard my hearts cry. No--it was that moment when my spirit of weakness was laid in His hands.
As Christians, we are called to convert our loneliness into solitude. We are called to experience our aloneness not as a wound but as a gift--as God's gift--so that in our aloneness we might discover how deeply we are loved by God. ~ Henri Nouwen

Every once in a while we find ourselves emotionally stripped, as all that life holds is swept away. We find ourselves kneeling at the feet of our Lord, grateful that He's there--His spirit a balm to our weary soul.

There have been times that I've felt this throughout my life, and like this time, each one has brought me a little closer to my Lord.

I pulled up in the driveway, and just before I stepped out of the car, the same feelings of loneliness crept up for a second--just a wee second--before a smile spread over my face.

"Your grace is sufficient for me Lord," I whispered to Him, "Thanks for this moment with You."
But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. ~ 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

You are loved by an almighty God,

Darlene

If you'd like to leave a comment, visit Time-Warp Wife on facebook: Click here

If you would like to have Time-Warp Wife delivered to your inbox daily, simply click here: Subscribe to Time-Warp Wife

Shout Outs:

Thank you to "The Cozy Nook" for blessing me with a great review of The Good Wife's Guide eBook!

Also thank you to "Blessed Beyond Measure" for another awesome review.
Visit Blessed Beyond Measure and enter to win a copy!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive