Thursday, December 30, 2010

THIS Is The Day


It seems as though I have heard a whisper in my ear since the day both of my children were born, reminding me to live for the day, to enjoy the process, to not wish the time away, daily... minute by minute...

As I have observed and listened I have also learned a lot from things I have heard others say such as...

"I sure wish she'd learn to sleep through the night!"

"Life will be easier when he can EAT something, and he's not so dependent on ME!"

"Diapers are so expensive. It'll be nice when she's potty trained."

(TICK...TICK...TICK..TICK...)

"I wish she'd learn to walk..."

"All she knows how to say is "NO!"

"All I do is chase her around all day!"

"It'll be nice when she can talk, and tell me what she wants!"

(TICK...TICK...TICK...TICK...)

"Just think, soon she'll be in kindergarten, and I'll have some time to myself!"

"I need a break!"

"Boy is it hard getting up early and driving them to school every day!"

"I look forward to the day when I can sleep in again!"

(TICK...TICK...TICK..TICK...)

"I think we need a bigger house..."

"My husband wants another job..."

"My kids need a bigger yard..."

"These kids sure do make a mess!"

(TICK...TICK...TICK...TICK...)

"She sure does talk a lot!"

"I feel like all I do is drive my kids around! I'm exhausted!"

"It was so much easier when they were little!"

"I don't FEEL like shopping for clothes with my daughter."

(TICK...TICK...TICK...TICK...)

Recently my husband and I were helping my daughter with an essay she has to write for one of her college classes. COLLEGE?! Oh, Lord.... Have I enjoyed the process? I am reminded of a song by Nicole Nordeman that says: "I'm going to live for today, I'm going to follow in Your way, I'm going to let my little light shine like there's no tomorrow..."

How can we, as moms, be a light? By rejoicing in and enjoying the process, and living for today.


This is the day which the LORD hath made;
we will rejoice and be glad in it.
~ Psalm 118:24


IT WILL PASS SO FAST... DON'T WISH IT AWAY!

The process may be hard and some details are more challenging than others, but we can rejoice in them, and even enjoy them if we choose the right perspective. GOD'S PERSPECTIVE. GOD'S CALLING. AND A WATCHING WORLD...WATCHING HOW WE WILL LIVE THE DETAILS OF OUR CALLING.

So, enjoy the process and "let that little light shine like there's no tomorrow!!"


Our guest today is Gina, a Christ follower, who desires to glorify God in all that she does. Gina became a self proclaimed "old lady" after reading and studying what the Bible says, in Titus 2, about the role of "older women." She prays that she will continue to grow into that role, and most importantly, to LIVE OUT THE GOSPEL and live life WITH you!

You can find her blogging at "Chats With An Old Lady" where she is continually growing and challenging readers to also grow in their faith.

For questions or comments, contact Gina through her website: click here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive