Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My Personal Story of Domestic Abuse


Join me on "Girl Talk" as I join host, Marlo Boux to share my personal testimony of the abuse that occurred in my first marriage.

I talk about how the abuse first started, the horrible abuse that marked our first Christmas, and how I finally broke free. Now re-married for over 22 years, I'm discovering that healing is a long journey.

It's really not my best interview by far because of nerves. Normally nerves don't get to me, but I'll admit that it was a difficult subject to discuss. It was also the first time I've spoken about this publicly other than the brief mention on this blog. Nevertheless I pray that it might bring hope to women living in situations with the occurrence of domestic abuse.

{Click here to listen}

You may also be interested in reading, "Submission Isn't Permission."

You are loved by an almighty God,

Darlene

For comments or questions, contact me at:
darlene[at]darleneschacht.net

Click to share on Facebook:Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive