Thursday, December 16, 2010

Blessed Assurance

"Faith is the bird that sings when the dawn is still dark."
~Rabindranath Tagore

Dear Darlene,

I found your blog through my friend Gina Smith's blog “Chats With an Old Lady.” THANK YOU! For bringing a piece, a place of beauty to my desk!

I too treasure vintage things. As I walk through a very painful trial in my life right now I am finding beauty; God is bringing lovely, godly women to my life through so many different sources.

I wanted to thank you personally for the sweet treasure of your website. It's like a place for me to come and hide for a few moments--to take in the wonderful gift of being a woman--a place to seek out another example of a quiet and gentle spirit following Him.

As I give each thought and each wound to the Lord I find healing. He is mending my broken heart and using small moments of beauty and love to do this.

Again, thank you.

In His fierce grip,

Tanya



But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you,
for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore
I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses,
so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
~ 2 Corinthians 12:9



Tanya,

Thank you so much for your encouragement. It came on such a good day. I went to bed and woke up thinking, Why am I writing this blog? I'm not a great writer, I'm not offering anything worthwhile for women to read... And then your letter pops into my mailbox--a whisper of encouragement that continues to nudge me along.

I am praying for you right now. You aren't alone in the storm as God is always by your side.

Satan uses his tactics to defeat us, and he will continue to do so as long as we abide in the flesh. It would only take one word from the Lord to calm the storm--one word--but He stands back until His work is complete in us.


Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because
we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance,
character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us
to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our
hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.
~ Romans 5:3-5, NIV



I've also gone through some trials in the past couple of years. Some of them have broken me down to where I have wept more tears than I knew I had. I felt scared, alone, and confused. It's hard to see a light of hope when darkness surrounds you like a heavy cloud, but God promises joy in the morning, and His promises never fail.

When Hezekiah was defending Jerusalem he gave hope to the people by reminding them:


With him is only the arm of flesh, but with us is the LORD
our God to help us and to fight our battles.” And the people
gained confidence from what Hezekiah the king of Judah said.
~ 2 Chronicles 32:8, NIV



Also thank you for that verse from 2 Corinthians 12:9. Let's rest in that
blessed assurance together, knowing that God's power is at work.

You are loved by an almighty God,

Darlene

For comments or questions, contact me at:
darlene[at]darleneschacht.net

Click to share on Facebook:Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive